Preview - Last Call considerations

From: Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 16:47:34 -0400
To: WCAG WG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

These are some links & notes to accompany one of our agenda items today,
which is a quick preview & orientation on some Last Call considerations.

Also, if you look further down, you'll find a forward of my previous
"preview" message on Candidate Recommendation (CR), for your review, since
we'll be starting some CR implementation gathering activities as soon as we
enter Last Call.

- Judy

 From the W3C Process Document:

7. W3C Technical Report Development Process

7.4.2 Last Call Announcement
This section of the Process Document describes:
- required announcements; deadlines; dependencies; solicited public review
- WG believes that it has satisfied technical requirements and dependencies
- WG should work w/ other WGs in advance of Last Call as needed
- statement of how this work relates to work/standards external to W3C

Steps for a Transition to Last Call Working Draft
- if you're curious about some of the logistics for getting out a last call
- or have questions on timing or coordination

Last Call Considerations/Expectations:

- broad solicitation of public review
- expect discussion
- expect that people will need information/clarification of the nature of
W3C Last Call
- document all issues that come in
- document resolution of all issues, including closing the loop w/ commentors
- remember that we will be doubling up *gathering of implementations* for
early CR documentation
- will actually have a Web page to explain, gather & track this
- any potential "white-box" implementors, reminder to please ID your
interest to John and myself.

>Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 14:54:01 -0500
>To: WCAG WG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
>From: Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>
>Subject: Preview - Candidate Recommendation considerations
>These are some links & notes to accompany our first agenda item today,
>which is a quick preview & orientation to some of the candidate
>recommendation planning.
>- Judy
> From the W3C Process Document:
>7. W3C Technical Report Development Process
>7.1.2. Maturity Levels of the Recommendation Track
>7.4 Advancing a Technical Report to a Recommendation
>7.4.3. Call for Implementations
>7.4.4. Call for Review of a Proposed Recommendation
>Candidate Recommendation (CR) Planning:
>- development of exit criteria; considerations in terms of diversity of
>sites; white box/black box, etc
>- development of plan for obtaining implementations to fulfill exit criteria
>- selection of teams/sites with which to coordinate
>- timing of implementation gathering -- overlap as much as possible w/
>upcoming Last Call
>- implementation teleconference(s)/virtual workshop(s)
>Judy Brewer    +1.617.258.9741    http://www.w3.org/WAI
>Director, Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI), World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
>MIT/CSAIL Building 32-G530
>32 Vassar Street
>Cambridge, MA,  02139,  USA

MIT/CSAIL Building 32-G530