RE: Updated Internal WD

From: Bailey, Bruce <Bruce.Bailey@ed.gov>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 12:24:24 -0500
To: "Gregg Vanderheiden" <gv@trace.wisc.edu>
Cc: "WCAG-WG" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

> Those provisions only apply (in 4.2) when you are using
> technologies that are NOT in the baseline.

Is this any better?
4.2.2:  For content that uses a technology that is not in the chosen baseline, all of the following are true:
1.  If content violates either the general flash threshold or the red flash threshold, then users are warned in a way that they can avoid it.
2.  If content can be entered using the keyboard, then the content can be exited using the keyboard.

Going through this little exercise made me aware of two other points regarding consistency of the success criteria phrasing.

Some success criteria start off with a conditional "When..." other with "For..." while others use an "If x, then y" construction.

Should the success criteria that are conditional use a single opening conjunction?

Should the success criteria be use "the content" wherever possible, and avoid unnecessary references to "the user"?