RE: Updated Internal WD

From: Bailey, Bruce <Bruce.Bailey@ed.gov>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 12:24:24 -0500
To: "Gregg Vanderheiden" <gv@trace.wisc.edu>
Cc: "WCAG-WG" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

> Those provisions only apply (in 4.2) when you are using
> technologies that are NOT in the baseline.

Is this any better?
<proposal>
4.2.2:  For content that uses a technology that is not in the chosen baseline, all of the following are true:
1.  If content violates either the general flash threshold or the red flash threshold, then users are warned in a way that they can avoid it.
2.  If content can be entered using the keyboard, then the content can be exited using the keyboard.
</proposal>

Going through this little exercise made me aware of two other points regarding consistency of the success criteria phrasing.

Some success criteria start off with a conditional "When..." other with "For..." while others use an "If x, then y" construction.

Should the success criteria that are conditional use a single opening conjunction?

Should the success criteria be use "the content" wherever possible, and avoid unnecessary references to "the user"?