RE: multimedia definition

Andrew,

If I read you correctly, you're arguing:
(1) that "multimedia" should include any content that uses more than one
media type in a single presentation (e.g., a conventional Web page with
background audio); and
(2) that the proposed definition (without your "and/or") doesn't capture
cases where the media are not "synchronized."

I'm always a little concerned about constructions like "and/or"-- I
worry about how translatable they are and whether they pose difficulties
for people reading WCAG in a language that isn't their native language.

Would "synchronized or combined" address your concern?

Thanks,
John

"Good design is accessible design."

Dr. John M. Slatin, Director