	From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org
[mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of John M Slatin
	Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2005 7:05 PM
	To: John M Slatin; Gregg Vanderheiden; w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
	Subject: RE: multimedia definition

	Gregg and I took our discussion off-list for a while and
hammered out a definition of multimedia we think will work:

	<proposed>
	 One type of time dependent media (e.g. audio or video)
synchronized with interaction or with another type of media (e.g. text,
audio, graphics, or video)

	</proposed>
	If everyone can live with this, it will replace the current
definition in the Glossary (below):

	For the purposes of these guidelines, multimedia refers to
combined audio and video presentations. It also includes audio-only and
video-only presentations
	that include interaction.
	John

	"Good design is accessible design."