RE: Navigational features

From: Becky Gibson <Becky_Gibson@notesdev.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 08:45:45 -0500
To: "WCAG " <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

<John wrote>
I agree with Loretta's and Gregg's suggestion that we list Jim's example
under Common Failures. In fact, it could be listed under both 2.4.1 and
1.3.1, I think.

Here is a common failure example.  I tried to use technology neutral
language for the common failure description, then followed with an
HTML/CSS specific example.

Common Failure: Using mechanisms to visually mark the structure of a
document rather than using the structure of the language.
For example, creating a CSS class that makes heading text large, blue and
.myheading {
        font-family:Times, serif;
Then using that class to visually mark headings:
rather than styling the header element:
<h2 class="myheading">Section 1</h2>
<h2 class="myheading">Section 2</h2>

Becky Gibson