RE: role, state, value

From: Bailey, Bruce <Bruce.Bailey@ed.gov>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 08:34:36 -0500
To: "Guide Lines list" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

> Do you need more information on Roles and States?

Nope, my shop does its fair share of evaluating software for accessibility, and I am comfortable with those terms.

My difficulty is disambiguating between 4.2.3, 4.2.4, 4.2.5, and 4.2.6.  They seem to be saying the same thing four slightly different ways.

But I will allow that perhaps my understanding of these success criteria is not sufficiently deep.  The Understanding WCAG 2 document was insufficient to clear this up for me.

Can anyone give an example of a behavior that would cause 4.2.3 to fail, but not the other three?

Please repeat for each of 4.2.4, 4.2.5, and 4.2.6.

Or is this a problem with the success criteria, and not with me?

Thanks.