RE: Validation as test for basic accessibility

From: Andrew Kirkpatrick <akirkpatrick@macromedia.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 07:00:47 -0800
To: "Maurizio Boscarol" <maurizio@usabile.it>, "Bailey, Bruce" <Bruce.Bailey@ed.gov>
Cc: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

> >No one has objected to Yvette's observation that validity is
> necessary but not sufficient.
> >
> I objected! Maybe someone missed it. I object that validity is
> necessary: we altready agree that it isn't. Validation (as a
> check) is useful.

There have been several objections Yvette's observation, some of which
preceded the observation.

I agree that pursuing validity simplifies the process of making an
accessible site, but you might endeavor to make a valid web page and not
completely succeed (for any number of small reasons) and still realize
all of the process benefits that tend to drive the production process
closer to an accessible site.

AWK