Re: validity.htm

From: Chris Ridpath <chris.ridpath@utoronto.ca>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 16:11:44 -0500
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
It's still not clear which standard(s) we're discussing on the list or on the surveys.

It's impossible to answer question 1 in the survey [1] without a listed standard. I suggest the survey questions include a standard like:

1) I support validity to XHTML strict.
2) I support validity to HTML transitional
3) I support validity to a DTD that allows anything except what is proven to affect accessibility.
4) I don't support validity to any standard however I do support structure (e.g.  tables must be properly nested)

Cheers,
Chris

[1] <http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/use-spec2/>