RE: A UK user survey an accessibility/usability

From: Andrew Kirkpatrick <akirkpatrick@macromedia.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 07:54:58 -0800
To: "Gez Lemon" <gez.lemon@gmail.com>, "Maurizio Boscarol" <maurizio@usabile.it>
Cc: "W3C WAI" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

> The reason I mentioned that was because you were surprised
> that alternative text wasn't given a higher priority. I think
> this is partly because if you don't know that other people
> are getting more information than you, you don't realise
> you're not being treated fairly. I do think that is also
> related to validity in this instance.

Or possibly because most images on the web don't carry content, and
screen readers have moved toward ignoring alt-less images.

The ones that are not ignored at the images that are links, and I bet
that a significant portion of the "bad link text" comments in this study
are actually missing alt text issues.

AWK