A UK user survey an accessibility/usability

From: Maurizio Boscarol <maurizio@usabile.it>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 13:44:44 +0100
To: W3C WAI <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Just to point to your attention this survey (*):

http://www.out-law.com/default.aspx?page=6314

There's much to say about methodology (a survey isn't a user testing),
but it's meaningful that people need ease of use. Rarely mentioned
tech-related issues, often organization, clarity, language and
perceptual issues.

The only tech-related issues are pop-up (annoying) and flash annoyiance.
Quote: "Surprisingly, among the visually impaired users, 25% found ALT
tags not important at all. "

This is only a survey, but with 208 user (not 10...). Is there some
useful reflections to be done for our agenda from this survey?
The first thing that comes in my mind is that the results are not
suprising at all (exception: the ALT problem, that maybe need to be
further investigated). For our recent discussion worth mentioning that
validity doesn't seems to be a major issues for real disabled user. This
is comforming to my common experience.

Maurizio

(*) If it's already been posted please I wasn't aware.