RE: Captions and audio descriptions

Ah, now I understand your concern. I agree that there needs to be only a
single file that is the equivalent of the multimedia. If we provide
suitable examples and sufficient techniques, is the following rewording
correct?

<new proposal>

At level 1:
1. For prerecorded multimedia, one of the following is provided:
* captions, or
* a text alternative that conveys the same information as the
multimedia.

2. For prerecorded multimedia, one of the following is provided:
* audio descriptions, or
* a text alternative that conveys the same information as the
multimedia.

At level 2:
1. Captions are provided for multimedia.

2. Audio descriptions of video are provided for prerecorded multimedia.

</new proposal>

Loretta Guarino Reid
lguarino@adobe.com
Adobe Systems, Acrobat Engineering