Re: Validity

From: Chris Ridpath <chris.ridpath@utoronto.ca>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 09:49:15 -0500
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
RE: ValidityThe WCAG 1 checkpoint 3.2 stated:
"Create documents that validate to published formal grammars."

This meant your HTML content could validate to the W3C's strict, transitional or frameset DTDs. You could also create your own DTD, publish it on the web and then validate your content according to it.

I assume that the WCAG 2 is going in the same direction where you must be valid but you can pick your own standard, schema or DTD. I don't believe the WCAG 2 could insist that you validate to W3C standards only.

Looking for common ground...

Cheers,
Chris