RE: Validity as a technique

From: Gregg Vanderheiden <gv@trace.wisc.edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 11:27:04 -0600
To: "'Bailey, Bruce'" <Bruce.Bailey@ed.gov>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

ANSWERS TO QUESTION MARKED GV:

Gregg

> So necessary but not sufficient is not possible in
> the Guide Doc (which cannot specify new requirements).

Please clarify!  I thought we were talking WCAG 2 -- *NOT* the supplemental
documentation?
Can we specify "necessary" in a TR or not?

[GV:  YES - in the guidelines all success criteria are required.  In the
Guide doc we cannot add requirements.  Now I am confused as to what the
original suggestion was.]