Re: Practical reality

From: Gez Lemon <gez.lemon@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 15:48:31 +0000
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

On 06/11/05, Andrew Kirkpatrick <akirkpatrick@macromedia.com> wrote:
> I'd love to see both captions and descriptions at L1, but I'm not
> certain that it is practical.  Do you think that live captions and audio
> descriptions belong at L1?  If the practical realities are not taken
> into consideration we would have a lot more L1 items...

The levels are supposed to indicate the severity of the accessibility
barrier; if content is inaccessible to people with audio impairments,
then it belongs at L1. WAI's main objective is to provide guidelines
that help people with disabilities have equal access to content.

Best regards,

Gez

--
Supplement your vitamins