RE: Validity

From: Andrew Kirkpatrick <akirkpatrick@macromedia.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 07:58:36 -0800
To: "Roberto Scano \(IWA/HWG\)" <rscano@iwa-italy.org>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

> Flash, imho, is like Java: an object with it's player that
> should be directly accessible.

To me, directly accessible means no additional user agent (e.g. screen
reader) is needed.
I think you mean "able to deliver accessible information", including to
AT. Flash does this.

>  If i'm a flash developer and i work following your
> guidelines for make this object directly accessible i pretend
> that if i insert this object inside an html/xhtml page:
> - the object don't damage my code conformance
> - the browser, with your plugin installed, make contents accessible.

That's all correct.

> You instead are saying:
> - we have developed this with embed

I never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever said that we developed this
with the embed element.  Where are you reading this?

AWK