RE: why validation in p1?

From: Roberto Scano (IWA/HWG) <rscano@iwa-italy.org>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 16:28:47 +0100
To: <bregan@macromedia.com>, <maurizio@usabile.it>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

----- Messaggio originale -----
    Da: "Bob Regan"<bregan@macromedia.com>
    Inviato: 04/11/05 16.14.14
    A: "Maurizio Boscarol"<maurizio@usabile.it>, "W3C WAI"<w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
    Oggetto: RE: why validation in p1?
    The issue is not validity, but what guidance we provide to authors when
    support for valid breaks done.

Bob the problem is that we are talking about embed contents that could be flash, quicktime, java application, etc.
A developer should follow the accessibility specification made for developers from the technology creators. This work for java, activeX, multimedia.
Following these specification a developer can create accessible content / embedded interfaces that are made accessible in different OS and browser by viewer developers. If the viewer developer cannot guarantee accessibility of the object without valid markup, this is a big issue, but for the Vendor - not for the content developer that follow the accessibility guidelines for the content generated in flash + actionscript.