RE: why validation in p1?

----- Messaggio originale -----
    Da: "Bob Regan"<bregan@macromedia.com>
    Inviato: 04/11/05 16.14.14
    A: "Maurizio Boscarol"<maurizio@usabile.it>, "W3C WAI"<w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
    Oggetto: RE: why validation in p1?

    The issue is not validity, but what guidance we provide to authors when
    support for valid breaks done.

Roberto:
Bob the problem is that we are talking about embed contents that could be flash, quicktime, java application, etc.
A developer should follow the accessibility specification made for developers from the technology creators. This work for java, activeX, multimedia.
Following these specification a developer can create accessible content / embedded interfaces that are made accessible in different OS and browser by viewer developers. If the viewer developer cannot guarantee accessibility of the object without valid markup, this is a big issue, but for the Vendor - not for the content developer that follow the accessibility guidelines for the content generated in flash + actionscript.