WCAG Wiki

From: Ben Caldwell <caldwell@trace.wisc.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 15:07:37 -0500
To: WCAG-WG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Hello,

I've been experimenting with some ways to streamline our editing process
  lately and have set up a wiki that I believe will be useful for our
subgroups as various guideline, guide doc and techniques drafts evolve.

After looking at a number of wiki packages, I settled on using MediaWiki
<http://mediawiki.org>, which is the same wiki engine behind wikipedia.
It has some excellent features that support collaborative editing and
rapid document prototyping and I'm hoping it will prove to be a useful
editing tool for our group.

The wiki is available at <http://trace.wisc.edu/wcag_wiki/> and already
includes some drafts from Team A (guideline 3.2) and Team C (guideline
2.5).

Anyone in the working group who wishes to edit pages on the wiki can
create an account and begin editing. I have created a page called "How
to edit WCAG wiki pages" <http://tinyurl.com/bpyuj> that includes some
initial instructions for how to use the wiki and how to add comments to
the drafts that reside there.

Note that this is very much a work in progress, so please let me know if
you have questions about how to use or improve this tool.

Some useful wiki-related links:

  - MediaWiki user's guide (includes detailed information about wiki
    markup and use) <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User%27s_Guide>

  - HTML::WikiConverter (converts HTML code into various wiki markup
    formats) <http://diberri.dyndns.org/html2wiki.html>

All the best,

-Ben

--