W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-gl@w3.org > July to September 2005

[minutes] 15 Sept 2005 WCAG WG telecon

From: Wendy Chisholm <wendy@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 18:26:00 -0400
Message-Id: <6.1.2.0.2.20050915182518.034684f8@localhost>
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

Available at: <http://www.w3.org/2005/09/15-wai-wcag-minutes.html>


    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               WCAG Weekly Telecon

15 Sep 2005

    [2]Agenda

       [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2005JulSep/0794.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2005/09/15-wai-wcag-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Andi_Snow_Weaver, Wendy Chisholm,
           John_Slatin, Makoto_Ueki, David_MacDonald, Christophe_Strobbe,
           Sofia_Celic, Gian_Sampson-Wild, Becky_Gibson, Gregg
           Vanderheiden, Ben Caldwell, Michael_Cooper, Matt_May,
           Tim_Boland, Bengt Farre

    Regrets
           Roberto_Ellero, Roberto_Scano, Roberto_Castaldo,
           Takayuki_Watanabe, Rob_Haverty, Yvette_Hoitink

    Chair
           Gregg

    Scribe
           David_MacDonald, ben

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Approve Team Task Force Work Statement
             http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2005/09/teamtf.html
          2. [6]Team A 3.2 proposals
             http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/3-2-proposals-teama/resul
             ts
      * [7]Summary of Action Items

      _________________________________________________________________

Approve Team Task Force Work Statement
[8]http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2005/09/teamtf.html

       [8] http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2005/09/teamtf.html

    resolution: unanimous consent to team task force work statement

Team A 3.2 proposals
[9]http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/3-2-proposals-teama/results

       [9] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/3-2-proposals-teama/results

    lg: asks where else is this required...

    <wendy> 4.2 L1 SC 6 Changes to content, structure, selection, focus,
    attributes, values, state, and relationships within the content can be
    programmatically determined.

    asw: thought sophia says L1SC6 addresses this.

    sc: said she thought it partially covered it

    gv: difference if AT can see changes vs...notifying change...

    lg: in practise needs to be notification

    mc: intent of sc was prog...determined inadvance of change...

    bc: we took advance warning out in brussels

    asw: need to clarify what a change of context is

    gv: on to defn... "change of context"....used to say user agent
    controls which was removed..so it wouln't inhibit show hide behaviour

    <ben> current definition:
    [10]http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/#context-changedef

      [10] http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/#context-changedef

    gv: if its up to the author to notify what would that notificatin be

    mc: unsure what sc are fulfilling this removed one...i'm siding with
    lg...on this...initial thought is that functional outcome...

    sc: thought change in context had to do with opening a new window
    etc...
    ... thought user interface was UA bars...
    ... a flash movie is all delivered but can have an entirly different
    UA delivered with every click

    wc: don't believe we should say "main" because it is not enough.
    ... changing a menu item should be included.. we should put UA
    controls back in..."main" doesn't cover that

    dm: notes last comment is from wendy not gregg

    wc: maybe we don't need this defn..there is other ways to say it

    gv: if all the info is exposed a change in context being Prog
    determined is fairly easy...if change is content is prog determined
    then change in context can

    js: changes within content vs changes like a media player that opens a
    new window...perhaps two different concepts experiencially

    gv: seems we need a defn..it occurs in 4 important places
    ... everyone agrees it shouldn't mean little changes

    asw: suggest adopt the defn...leave out controls...and make work item
    to address Sophia's concerns

    <scribe> ACTION: Sofia make a proposal to have an action item to cover
    concern about losing user agent user interface controls [recorded in
    [11]http://www.w3.org/2005/09/15-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action01]

    gv: is a change of focus a change of context...yes says the group...
    ... ie...you type your phone in a form and it shoots you somewhere
    else....but perhaps the "next" field is an exception

    lg: no...it will cause confusion

    mc: yup....because bksp won't work
    ... says it will cause confusion...if automatic next field is used

    wc: "main" is ambiguous and percentages are rat holes....I suggest
    action item...to talk about the types of changes we are talking about
    focusing on functional outcomes
    ... the group is divided and we need an action I think ... Team A

    <scribe> ACTION: Team A will look at better words than "complete" and
    "main" [recorded in
    [12]http://www.w3.org/2005/09/15-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action02]

    gv: delete SC...cause it is covered elsewhere...(1.1 all sc's at level
    1)

    lg: think it needs to be changed rather than removed

    js: we removed it partly beause we couldn't figure out how to do it at
    level 1

    resolution: 3.2 sc1 level 1,
    ... remove 3.2 sc1 level 1,
    ... move level 3.2 L2 sc 2 to level 1
    ... put "same relative order" into the sc and define same same
    relative order...each item maintains position relative to other
    items... unanimous

    <ben> resolution: replace "same order" with "same relative order" in
    3.2 L2 SC1

    resolution: put "same relative order" into the sc and define same same
    relative order...each item maintains its position relative to the
    other items... unanimous

    <ben> resolution: define "same relative order" as, "Each item
    maintains its position relative to the other items. Items are
    considered to be in the same order even if other items are inserted or
    removed from the original order."

    gv: we left L2 sc1 at Level 2 will not move to level three but are
    open to comments about it being too restrictive.

    <scribe> ACTION: Team B will look further at wording of 3.2 Level 3 SC
    5 [recorded in
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2005/09/15-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action03]

    resolution: one or more of the following types of supplemental content
    is available:

    <wendy> resolution: replace supplement with supplemental content

    <wendy> resolution: adopt defn

    resolution: adopt proposed definition of "supplemental content":
    Additional content that illustrates or clarifies default text content,
    which users may use instead of or in addition to the default text
    content. For example, there may be supplements in text, graphics, and
    audio.

    resolved: do not include propsed definition of "education level"

    resolved: accept definition of "Lower secondary education level" as
    the two- or three-year period of education that begins after
    completion of six years of school and ends nine years after the
    beginning of primary education" and include a note about UNESCO.

    resolved: define "Primary education level" as "the six year time
    period that begins between the ages of five and seven possibly without
    any previous education" and include a reference to UNESCO.

    resolved: close all items that were unanimous in 2.5 issues survey

    <scribe> ACTION: john talk with michael about concerns w/ 1744
    [recorded in
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2005/09/15-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action04]

    reminder to fill out registration for October face to face -
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/octf2f/

      [15] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/octf2f/

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: john talk with michael about concerns w/ 1744 [recorded
    in [16]http://www.w3.org/2005/09/15-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action04]
    [NEW] ACTION: Sofia make a proposal to have an action item to cover
    concern about losing user agent user interface controls [recorded in
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2005/09/15-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: Team A will look at better words than "complete" and
    "main" [recorded in
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2005/09/15-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: Team B will look further at wording for 3.2 Level 3 SC 5
    [recorded in
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2005/09/15-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action03]

    [End of minutes]

      _________________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [20]scribe.perl version 1.126
     ([21]CVS log)
     $Date: 2005/09/15 22:24:50 $

      [20] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [21] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 15 September 2005 22:26:19 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:47:39 GMT