Re: [techs] meta redirect

From: Joe Clark <joeclark@joeclark.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 21:39:53 +0000 (UTC)
To: WAI-GL <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

> During the techniques teleconference earlier today, the discussion on a
> technique on "meta refresh" led to a comment that "meta redirect" is
> mentioned in the HTML 4.01 specification [1] as something that authors
> should not use for accessibility reasons. This could be added as a comment
> to the meta redirect technique in the HTML Techniques [2].

Except, as has been mentioned on this esteemed List before, a refresh time of
zero is effectively the same as an HTTP 301 and doesn't hurt anybody.

Before my sites were moved to my current box, I couldn't edit an .htaccess file
and had to rely on the old meta refresh method to redirect pages. Even the best
of us must make do sometimes.

--

     Joe Clark | joeclark@joeclark.org
       --This.