Re: [techs] test 178 was Table Summary Tests (111, 112, 113, 114, 203)

Jim Thatcher wrote:

> I frequently urge clients to use alt="" (empty alt text) on images within
> anchor tags which are accompanied with text also in the anchor tag. The
> probability of error here is exactly the same as an image link with alt text
> - the text might be inadequate. It seems to me this that this is a necessary
> pass (alt="" in anchor including text).

Yes, that's why I wrote

   If the link text (or button text) is clear without alternative text
   for the image/applet/object, the image's/applet's alt attribute (the
   object's text alternative) may be empty.

--
Johannes Koch
                             (Te Deum, 4th cent.)