Techniques harvesting

From: Michael Cooper <michaelc@watchfire.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 11:47:34 -0400
To: "WAI GL \(E-mail\)" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

I have gone through the meeting minutes from the three meetings in June [1], [2], [3] at which we harvested techniques for each of the guidelines. I tried to organize them into technologies: General, HTML, CSS, Script, and "other" - the last category including things like server-side techiques, and technologies like SMIL and SVG.

Note that as we were harvesting techniques we were doing it in the context of a particular success criterion, which is where each technique is mapped. Often we thought suggested techniques might map to other success criteria as well, but we weren't able to capture that information reliably so I ommitted those notes from this.

The collected mapping is available at the following two URLs. The first one is a table aligning techniques, technologies, and success critiera. The second is a list that groups techniques by technology, which I think might be easier for people wanting to focus on a specific technology to use.

http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2005/06/30-tech-harvest.html
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2005/06/30-tech-harvest-by-tech.html

I apologize for any errors, and will do my best to fix them if you spot something.

Michael

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/06/30-wai-wcag-minutes.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/2005/07/07-wai-wcag-minutes.html
[3] http://www.w3.org/2005/07/14-wai-wcag-minutes.html

--- Signature ---

Michael Cooper
Accessibility Product Manager, Watchfire
1 Hines Rd Suite 200, Kanata, ON  K2K 3C7  Canada
Tel: +1 (613) 599-3888 x4019
Fax: +1 (613) 599-4661
Email: michaelc@watchfire.com
Web: http://www.watchfire.com/