RE: [techs] Table Summary Tests (111, 112, 113, 114, 203)

Also this is an user agent issue: the user agent should identify the table presence: give an h2 to a table caption means give a second-level title priority.
This is a screen reader (user agent) issue. When u edit a content, is difficoult that a table caption is a title.
----- Messaggio originale -----
    Da: "Mirabella, Mathew J"<Mathew.Mirabella@team.telstra.com>
    Inviato: 18/08/05 4.39.53
    A: "w3c-wai-gl list"<w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
    Oggetto: [techs] Table Summary Tests (111, 112, 113, 114, 203)

    How about this:

      <caption><h2>table caption</h2></caption>

    With this example, there is no on-screen redundancy of the caption text
    as it is given only once.  In Jaws, pressing t will jump to this table,
    but pressing h will move to the caption in the table as well as it will
    be included in the headings list.

    I can't remember if putting hx inside caption is invalid or not...

    I agree with the notion that title is problematic as a table attribute
    describing the table as it results in annoying tooltips for some common
    user agents.