Re: [techs] Table Summary Tests (111, 112, 113, 114, 203)

From: Joe Clark <joeclark@joeclark.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 17:48:33 +0000 (UTC)
To: WAI-GL <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

>> element. As long as one of them exists and has a value/content, the table
>> should pass the test.

summary="" and no <caption> indicates a layout table, of course.

> Should we also add the 'title' attribute to this list? It's a more general
> way of adding the same information.

Yeah, and putting a tooltip you can't get rid of under your cursor while
you're trying to read the table.

BTW, commenters on this thread conveniently ignore what I actually wrote.
The following examples should be passed:

<h2>Wheat imports in Canada, 2004</h2>

Wheat imports in Canada increased 14% in 2004, as the following table

     Joe Clark | joeclark@joeclark.org
       --What's wrong with top-posting?