Re: Meaning of 3.2 L3 SC2

From: Johannes Koch <koch@w3development.de>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 22:56:02 +0200
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

Hi Wendy,

Wendy Chisholm wrote:
> Are you concerned that we are not excluding changes in user agent when
> the user tabs through links?  For example, that user agent changes
> should *only* be caused by activating a link? Are you concerned that as
> long as some user action causes the change that content could conform to
> WCAG 2.0 even though the user action that causes the change is not
> accessible?

from reading WCAG 2.0, it is not clear for me what "initiated by user
action" means. Selecting an option in a select menu is a user action,
that the user initiates. So some change of context may be allowed. But
which? Every possible change of context? It is a level 3 criterion, so I
thought, it may be quite strict. Am I wrong?
--
Johannes Koch
                             (Te Deum, 4th cent.)