[techs] Test 187

From: Chris Ridpath <chris.ridpath@utoronto.ca>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 10:24:46 -0400
To: "WAI WCAG List" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Test 187 - Each input element has only one associated label.
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/tests/test187.html

We currently don't have a technique for this test and it's not obvious to me
how this maps to a Success Criteria. (I think this test arose from an old
technique that has since been removed.)

There doesn't seem to be any support for this test and, as argued earlier,
there may be accessibility benefits to having multiple labels per form
control.

I propose we reject test 187 without taking it to a poll.

Cheers,
Chris