RE: NEW: Issue #1544

From: Roberto Scano - IWA/HWG <rscano@iwa-italy.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 11:01:04 +0200
To: "'Johannes Koch'" <koch@w3development.de>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

-----Original Message-----
From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of Johannes Koch
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2005 10:16 AM
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: Re: NEW: Issue #1544

   Your specification located here
   (http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-WCAG20-SCRIPT-TECHS-20041119/) advocates
   using a non W3C standard event named "onactivate".  This is an
   Microsoft only event and should not be promoted as part of a WC3
   specification document candidate.

Roberto Scano:
Agree. We need to remove also HTML techniques for <embed> (Netscape Tag):
http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-HTML-TECHS/#noembed

I see different "weight" for different proprietary tags:

http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-HTML-TECHS/#marquee
http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-HTML-TECHS/#blink

Here is clear that
Do not use the marquee element to create scrolling text. There are several
reasons for this:
[...]

The xxxxx element is not part of the HTML specification.

Why a privilege for embed?