Re: Balancing the myth-busting.

From: <lguarino@adobe.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 11:20:57 -0700
To: Gez Lemon <gez.lemon@gmail.com>
Cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

> As I believe that validity is important for
> accessibility, I believe the results from the markup validator belong
> in the results. Obviously, anyone who doesn't believe that validity
is
> important for accessibility can just discard the markup validator
> results.

Gez, even if validity is important for accessibility, it is still
weaker than accessibility. Accessibility puts more constraints on the
author than just validity. So comparing a validity checker to an
accessibility checker is still apples and oranges. Especially when
your point is that the automatic checkers are missing accessibility
problems.

Loretta