Re: Accessible event pairs

Hi,

I also like the test files, but I disagree with some of the empairments. I
think pairing events is good for device dependant events, but not for
device independant events (so I agree that onclick should not be paired):

However:

>    * mouseover: pair with focus

I disagree. I can have the (achieved by keyboard, maybe) focus on element
A while I move the mouse over element B. The default behaviour would not
move the focus from element A, but pairing these events would change the
focus from element A to element B.

>    * mouseout: pair with blur

The same as before, but with blur.

>    * click: pairing not necessary

I agree :-)

>    * dblclick: don't know

Me neither. I don't think such that an equivalent exists.

>    * mousedown: keydown is the least bad option
>    * mouseup: keyup is the least bad option

I agree :-)

Vicente Luque Centeno
Dep. Ingeniería Telemática
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid