Accessible event pairs

From: Peter-Paul Koch <pp.koch@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 18:58:56 +0200
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

As you may have noticed I haven't yet presented a revision of the WCAG
JavaScript document, as I'd promised about two weeks ago. I was far
busier than I expected.

Nonetheless I have done some research into accessible event pairs,
which is now available at
http://www.quirksmode.org/js/events_pairs.html

Conclusions:

    *  mouseover: pair with focus
    * mouseout: pair with blur
    * click: pairing not necessary
    * dblclick: don't know
    * mousedown: keydown is the least bad option
    * mouseup: keyup is the least bad option
    * mousemove: impossible to emulate without a mouse

I feel these conclusions, or other conclusions based on similar
research, should end up in a WCAG JavaScript document.

ppk, freelance web developer
http://www.quirksmode.org/