From: Roberto Scano (IWA/HWG) [mailto:rscano@iwa-italy.org]
Sent: Saturday, March 12, 2005 5:27 PM
To: gv@trace.wisc.edu; w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: RE: 4.2 - User interfaces.

Good, but i think must Be clear where we must refer to uaag (btw, i think
that uaag are a separate issue and that we cannot ask this conformance
inside wcag).
Otherwise we need to limit these requirements to custom interfaces / plugin:
- accessibility by keyboard interface;
- textual alternative text for image controls;
... (= software requirements inside section 508 law).

If we move outside plugin, where is our point break? If we have a multimedia
objectfor eg, a developer would prefer simply to put a link that open the
media content inside the default media player: this would Be good for
software accessibility (the user can open multimedia contents using default
browser for this kind of file) but this may cause that, for wcag conformance
to guideline 4.2, we will have less embedded objects.
Btw, i prefer the opening of multimedia contents outside web browser, but is
this that we want?