Re: Statement of Guideline 4.2 needs work

From: Jason White <jasonw@ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 14:58:08 +1100
To: Loretta Guarino Reid <lguarino@adobe.com>
Cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

I wrote a reply to this thread earlier but it doesn't seem to have
made it to the list.

Loretta's proposal is substantially superior to the existing wording.
I suggest removing all mention of "plug-ins" from guideline 4.2, since
they are included in the UAAG 1.0 definition of "user agent". Thus,
the use of the term "plug-in" in guideline 4.2 is unnecessary and
redundant.

Guideline 4.2 will be up for revision anyway as the working group
strives to address the problems surrounding user agent support. For
the moment I recommend accepting Loretta's proposal (excluding the
term "plug-in"), while recognizing that these issues are still very
much open for discussion.