[techs] Tests 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 - Misuse of headings for formatting

From: Wendy Chisholm <wendy@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 18:47:53 -0500
To: wai-gl <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

I propose that we accept these tests [1]. Although the term "valid heading" is only understandable by reading the test files, I don't think we should add this clarification to the test - it should be in the HTML Techniques.

These 6 tests are associated with Guideline 1.3 but not with any Success Criteria. I propose we associate them with Level 1 #1: Structures and relationships within the content can be programmatically determined.

These tests are currently mapped to HTML Technique 3.2 Header misuse <http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/WD-WCAG20-HTML-TECHS-20050211/#hx-misuse>
and should also map to 3.1 Section headings <http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/WD-WCAG20-HTML-TECHS-20050211/#hx>

--wendy

[1] Header H1 must not be used for formatting.
<http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/tests/test42.html>
Header H2 must not be used for formatting.
<http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/tests/test43.html>
Header H3 must not be used for formatting. <http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/tests/test44.html>
Header H4 must not be used for formatting. <http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/tests/test45.html>
Header H5 must not be used for formatting. <http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/tests/test46.html>