RE: Possible added SC to 2.5

From: Jason White <jasonw@ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 10:10:32 +1100
To: "John M Slatin" <john_slatin@austin.utexas.edu>
Cc: "Mike Barta" <mikba@microsoft.com>, "W3C Web Content" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

I agree with John that 1.3 can reasonably be understood as covering
important aspects of it. I would prefer not to use the word "form" in
any success criterion, as forms are but one example of user
interfaces. I would rather use a more generic term such as "user
interface controls".

In fact, if we're going to interpret 1.3 in this way, why not say that
the optionality of a user interface control is one of the attributes
that will be exposed to the user agent, and therefore no further
success criterion is needed?