Re: [techs] Test 37, 38, 39, 40 and 41

From: Chris Ridpath <chris.ridpath@utoronto.ca>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 14:15:09 -0500
To: "Alistair Garrison" <alistair.garrison@accessinmind.com>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Yes, these tests need changes.

The idea is that you can't skip a level when going down in headers. The following header must be equal, one level greater or any level less. This is what is shown in your examples.

Note: We still haven't reached consensus on several header issues:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2004JulSep/0446.html

What is a good name for these header tests? The technique task name is "Use HTML header elements h1 through h6 to define the structure of the document". Alistair has suggested "The next header after an HTML h1 element is an HTML h2 element". I propose:

"Header following H1 is H1 or H2"
"Header following H2 is H3 or any header less than H3"
"Header following H3 is H4 or any header less than H4"
"Header following H4 is H5 or any header less than H5"
"Header following H5 is H6 or any header less than H6"

Can anyone else suggest a name for these tests?

Chris