RE: [techs] Test 37, 38, 39, 40 and 41

Hmmmmm

I have been looking at these tests for awhile and wondering why they looked
more detailed than they needed to some times.

This posting clarified it.    I think we sometimes are writing the tests
like text algorithms.   This is fine but we shouldn't name them and describe
them that way.  It is precise but it is not human friendly.

Suggest we have a description in words - followed by a section called
"algorithm' that details the test step by step.

Also,

where there is a

-          test for presence of alt tag

-          test for empty tag

-          test for placeholder

I think we should have a single checklist item that says

"there is alt text and it is not empty or filled with placeholder text."

The three tests could then be combined into one three step test - or as
Chris prefers - kept separate but all linked to this one check list item.

Just some thoughts

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.