Re: Conformance Level Clarification

From: <lguarino@adobe.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 14:38:22 -0800
To: Chris Ridpath <chris.ridpath@utoronto.ca>
Cc: WAI WCAG List <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

> There's no way to allow for (using my
> earlier example) level 1 conforming alt text and level 2 conforming
> alt text.

Chris, how would you envision level 1 conforming alt text differing from level 2 conforming alt text?

If we see a rationale for the distinction, I think it would argue for looking harder at our guidelines and success criteria, rather than moving the distinction into the technology-specific documents. If it applies to html, it probably applies to any other technology that supports alt text.

Loretta