FW: Format for Techniques

From: Gregg Vanderheiden <gv@trace.wisc.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 17:21:20 -0600
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Per our discussion about techniques and formatting

How do we make it clear what is required and advisory?

How to do we link to checklists and SC?

A thought on format.  Might they look something like this:?

General topic title

Background and general advice

Related Success Criteria

    SC XXX of LEVEL Z

        Things that relate to this topic that are Necessary for conformance
with this SC

  (or Checklist items that are related to this topic and this Success
Criteria)

            -  Checklist item #1  (declarative form  -- eg xxx has been
done.)

                        Notes:  put any discussion here about doing this.

            -  The next checklist item

                        Notes: about it

            -

       Things to consider that give improved access in some cases [ADVISORY
ONLY]

            -  additional things that could be done (ing form - as in "using
zzz to do yyyy"

            -  next thing to consider   (e.g.   limiting length of text )

            -

    SC YYY of Level Z

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.

Professor - Depts of Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.

Director - Trace R & D Center

University of Wisconsin-Madison

<http://trace.wisc.edu/> FAX 608/262-8848