FW: Format for Techniques

From: Gregg Vanderheiden <gv@trace.wisc.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 17:21:20 -0600
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Per our discussion about techniques and formatting

How do we make it clear what is required and advisory?

How to do we link to checklists and SC?

A thought on format.  Might they look something like this:?

General topic title

Background and general advice

Related Success Criteria

        Things that relate to this topic that are Necessary for conformance
with this SC

  (or Checklist items that are related to this topic and this Success

            -  Checklist item #1  (declarative form  -- eg xxx has been

                        Notes:  put any discussion here about doing this.

            -  The next checklist item

                        Notes: about it

       Things to consider that give improved access in some cases [ADVISORY

            -  additional things that could be done (ing form - as in "using
zzz to do yyyy"

            -  next thing to consider   (e.g.   limiting length of text )

    SC YYY of Level Z

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.

Professor - Depts of Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.

Director - Trace R & D Center

University of Wisconsin-Madison

<http://trace.wisc.edu/> FAX 608/262-8848