test24 Text equivalents for APPLETs must be updated if APPLET changes

From: Ken Kipnes <ken.kipnes@oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 17:55:20 -0500
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
All,

Text equivalents for APPLETs must be updated if APPLET changes
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/tests/test24.html

This test is based on Guideline 1.1,  Provide text alternatives for all non-text content.  As there is obviously no way to automatically check that an applet has changed and therefore the ALT text must also change, this must be a manual technique.  I wonder if leaving any examples in the test doesn't actually cause confusion rather than enlighten.  I propose removing the test files, but beefing up the description with words about manually validating the ALT text against the applet if it has been determined that the applet has changed since the last check.

regards,

ken