RE: [techs] Alt Text Tests 192 and 195

From: Gregg Vanderheiden <gv@trace.wisc.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 14:03:54 -0600
To: "'Chris Ridpath'" <chris.ridpath@utoronto.ca>, "'WAI WCAG List'" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Nope I don't think there is.  So I don't think we can have a test of it
(unless we decide it is important enough and generally applicable enough to
have an SC for it

Can't include a test for what isn't required.   (at least not in the
checklist)

Gregg

 -- ------------------------------
Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.
Director - Trace R & D Center
University of Wisconsin-Madison

> RE the submit button.  I don't think you can attach it there.  The
> wording of the alt text will not make it programmatically determinable
(Programatic
> determinable means that "software can determine".  I think a human
> needs
> read the text and that is not part of programmatically determinable.)

OK. But is there anything in the guidelines that covers the text used in
form submit buttons?

Chris