From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of Chris Ridpath
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2005 3:15 PM
To: John M Slatin
Cc: Jim Thatcher; WAI WCAG List; geoff_freed@wgbh.org
Subject: Re: ALT and TITLE Clarification

>"Alt text must identify the purpose or function of the image."
>
> Just a reminder that we need to re-word
> the test so that it's a
> true/false proposition-- replace
> "must be" with "a declarative...

Each test has a true/false proposition statement in the "expected results"
statement. e.g.
"The Alt text for each image used as a link identifies the purpose or
function of the image."

I've left the test names with the "must" statements because it seemed to be
more reader friendly. Hmmm, should all the test names be changed to the
true/false statement?

Chris