RE: remove validity completely?

----- Messaggio originale -----
    Da: "David MacDonald"<befree@magma.ca>
    Inviato: 22/06/05 22.32.35
    A: "w3c-wai-gl@w3.org"<w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
    Oggetto: remove validity completely?

      In the 2.0 guidelines "we" (and I use the term referring to the entire
    committee *and* those influencing the committee) have shifted from a W3C
    technology centric document to a set of standards that should apply to any
    technology...

Roberto:
Right! Sgml is not W3C.

David:
    I don't know if there is a validator out there for every language that might
    be used on the web... When I look up "validate pdf" (and its related
    phrases) in Google or in the Help files in Acrobat, all I get is information
    on how to open up a secure digitally signed document. So the question comes
    up...is "validity" a testable concept for all non-w3c technologies.

Roberto:
It is inside Adobe Acrobat. For other document that specify a dtd is possible to use markup validators.

David:
    Requiring validation may turn our document back into a "only use W3C
    technologies" type of document. That's fine with me if that's what we want,
    but I don't think that is what we want. If we leave validity out, then the
    W3C technology itself requires validity.

Roberto:
The requirement is not w3c-centered. Or we can changed with:
"When a markup language is used, its structure must be public declared and respected"