Re: About tests 37-41 (headers)

From: Gez Lemon <gez.lemon@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 23:28:41 +0100
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

On 18/06/05, David MacDonald <befree@magma.ca> wrote:

> To my understanding XHTML 2.0 will not have Heading levels per se...Are we
> sure we want to pursue "sensible" structural Heading Levels when the whole
> paradigm is shifting?

There's no consensus on dropping h1-h6 from XHTML 2 in favour of
section headings, although I think it would make sense if they did.
The correct nesting of headings is important for accessibility, and as
there are several DTDs in use, and likely to be in use for a long time
to come, it makes sense to have a test for these. If h1-h6 were
dropped from XHTML 2 in favour of section headings, the tests as
written here would have no negative impact.

Best regards,

Gez

--
Supplement your vitamins