Re: Re : Influence of valid code on screen readers

----- Messaggio originale -----
    Da: "Matt May"<mcmay@w3.org>
    Inviato: 18/06/05 18.55.31
    A: "Roberto Scano (IWA/HWG)"<rscano@iwa-italy.org>
    Cc: "w3c-wai-gl@w3.org"<w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
    Oggetto: Re: Re : Influence of valid code on screen readers
      Roberto Scano (IWA/HWG) wrote:

     Note that many of the WG that met in Brussels probably have been in
    transit. I may be (almost) alone in arguing the point, but I'm not
    outnumbered.

Roberto:
Ok.

  Matt:
    It's also not about "hobbyists". It's about most of the authors on the
    Web -- and the vast majority of existing authoring tools. You're
    painting this as a small problem with some bad actors. Since it's been
    my full-time job for the last three years to fix problems like this, I
    can guarantee you that it is far more widespread. In fact, it's the
    status quo. It's simply not something we can legislate away.

Roberto:
But at the same time we cannot help who develop without respect of DTD.

   Matt:
    Roberto, you do know that I'm the staff contact of the PFWG, right? I've
    also spoken with one of the HTML WG co-chairs, and while he agrees that
    it's a tough problem, he does recognize that this WG isn't here to
    enforce his WG's specs, but to aid accessibility. I will also take this
    to PF, but I think you're just shopping for someone who supports your
    point of view.

Roberto:
I don't make shopping, i'm try to explain that we are going against web standards. And there are other web professional that have supported this.

Matt:
 And again, silence is not authorization. How many times do I have to say
    that?

Roberto:
Sometimes silence means to don't want to follOw a problem...

    Matt:
    Take it to AU. That's where discussion of authoring tool output belongs.

    In fact, I've done it for you.
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2005AprJun/0074.html
Roberto:
And i've supported it.
    -

[Messaggio troncato. Toccare Modifica->Segna per il download per recuperare la restante parte.]