Re: Re : Influence of valid code on screen readers

From: Roberto Scano (IWA/HWG) <rscano@iwa-italy.org>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 19:35:12 +0200
To: <mcmay@w3.org>
Cc: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

----- Messaggio originale -----
    Da: "Matt May"<mcmay@w3.org>
    Inviato: 18/06/05 18.55.31
    A: "Roberto Scano (IWA/HWG)"<rscano@iwa-italy.org>
    Cc: "w3c-wai-gl@w3.org"<w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
    Oggetto: Re: Re : Influence of valid code on screen readers
      Roberto Scano (IWA/HWG) wrote:
     Note that many of the WG that met in Brussels probably have been in
    transit. I may be (almost) alone in arguing the point, but I'm not

    It's also not about "hobbyists". It's about most of the authors on the
    Web -- and the vast majority of existing authoring tools. You're
    painting this as a small problem with some bad actors. Since it's been
    my full-time job for the last three years to fix problems like this, I
    can guarantee you that it is far more widespread. In fact, it's the
    status quo. It's simply not something we can legislate away.

But at the same time we cannot help who develop without respect of DTD.

    Roberto, you do know that I'm the staff contact of the PFWG, right? I've
    also spoken with one of the HTML WG co-chairs, and while he agrees that
    it's a tough problem, he does recognize that this WG isn't here to
    enforce his WG's specs, but to aid accessibility. I will also take this
    to PF, but I think you're just shopping for someone who supports your
    point of view.

I don't make shopping, i'm try to explain that we are going against web standards. And there are other web professional that have supported this.
 And again, silence is not authorization. How many times do I have to say
Sometimes silence means to don't want to follOw a problem...

    Take it to AU. That's where discussion of authoring tool output belongs.
    In fact, I've done it for you.
And i've supported it.

[Messaggio troncato. Toccare Modifica->Segna per il download per recuperare la restante parte.]