RE: XML in HTML

John M Slatin writes:

 > There may be some overlap but I believe that each technology, like SVG
 > or MathML, describe how it should be included in (X)HTML content.

If we were writing an XHTML tutorial this would be an excellent idea,
but instead, we're writing techniques for WCAG 2.0, the purpose of
which is not to give general XHTML advice but instead to explain how
the success criteria can be met with this technology.

In writing techniques for SVG and other formats it could be useful to
provide examples in which the content is included in an XHTML
document. With SVG for instance, the image can be included directly
instead of using an IMG or OBJECT element, and the point would be to
show how the DESC element and other features of SVG make this more
accessible, even though there is no "alt attribute" involved.