Tests 19, 58, 59, 60, and 191

From: Chris Ridpath <chris.ridpath@utoronto.ca>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 14:11:30 -0500
To: "WAI WCAG List" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Here are the next 5 tests that are up for review:

19 - Link text must be meaningful

191 - Anchor element's TITLE attribute must describe the link destination

58 - INPUT element with type of "image" must have an ALT attribute.

59 - INPUT element with type of "image" must have Alt text that describes
the purpose of the control.

60 - INPUT element with type of "image" should have short Alt text.

The list of tests under review can be found at:

We're still working on the 2 bedrock issues of link text and alt text and
I'm hoping that once these have been resolved progress will be quicker. We
still need to resolve the issues from last week's tests so I was reluctant
to add more tests. But these new tests are related and it may help to deal
with the whole group of them.

Once these tests have been resolved, we should finally be able to answer the
simple questions "What is good link text?" and "Where does the link text