RE: XML in HTML

Chris Ridpath wrote:

> In my view, the HTML Techniques document
> should include techniques that show how to include
> SVG or MathML (etc.) content in XHTML documents.

I don't think this is quite right because it's so open ended. Would the
HTML techniques have to show how to include *all* other technologies?
What about new technologies that come along?

There may be some overlap but I believe that each technology, like SVG
or MathML, describe how it should be included in (X)HTML content.

I'm trying to think through how this would work from the standpoint of a
developer trying to find out all she or he needs to know in order to
solve a particular content problem.  The developer learns (by reading
General Techniques) that in order to satisfy 2.4 L3 SC3 (Images have
structure that users can access) SVG should be used. There are links
from that section of the General Techniques to one or more SVG
Techniques for making image structure available to the user agent, as
well as a link to the SVG Technique for including SVG elements within
XHTML documents. Does the developer have to go back to the General
Techniques to find that link? Or is it somehow always readily available
from anywhere in the SVG Techniques document?

John