issue with Guideline 4.2

From: <lguarino@adobe.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 13:02:33 -0800
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

I believe that the Guideline 4.2 Level 1 Success Criteria should be reworded, since it's current reading seems to hold some technologies to higher standards than others.

Rather than saying

  "At least one plug-in required to access the content conforms to at least the default set of conformance requirements of UAAG...",

I believe this success criteria should say

  "At least one user agent supporting the content conforms to at least the default set of conformance requirements of UAAG..."

that is, I don't think it should matter whether the support comes in the form of a stand-alone user agent or as a plug-in to a user agent that supports other forms of content as well.