RE: Guideline 2.5 Level 3 SC work item

From: Jason White <jasonw@ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 17:55:16 +1100
To: Web Content Guidelines <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Gregg Vanderheiden writes:

 > I like it.
 >
 > But maybe 75 is too high now for allowing them to enter by text as well.
 >
 > I also wonder about requiring a list that contains all the city streets in
 > the US just because you happen to know what they are when you ask for
 > someones street name.

Or all the titles in a library of millions of books. In practice, text
search, in a more or less sophisticated form, is the only workable
solution.

Are we venturing here into the realm of good user interface advice
rather than accessibility guidelines? The interaction with user agents
is also a concern as previously noted.

I propose this s c be dropped.