RE: CSS Techs: 5.1 Specifying the direction of text

Richard Ishita wrote:
Hmm...  Chaps, a number of worries/questions sprang into my mind when I
noticed this note.  I haven't followed any WAI threads on this subject,
just noticed it now.

[1] Why is this here?  What are the WAI issues involved?
John replies: It's here because I hit the wrong key-- meant to send it
to WCAG, not WAI.  Sorry!

[2] The I18N group provides advice relating to use of CSS for bidi which
includes

[2a] Do not use CSS with documents served as text/html

[2b] Use bidi specific markup to hang the CSS on, rather than something
like .arabicsection

[2c] Only use this when the Unicode bidi algorithm is unable to do what
you want

[2d] &rlm; and &lrm; can sometimes be more effective than markup

Please take a look at the i18n stuff at the following locations before
responding:

http://www.w3.org/International/resource-index.html#bidi

In particular the article and techniques docs listed, plus the FAQ "CSS
vs. markup for bidi support".

Hope that helps,
RI

Richard Ishida