Re: [techs] EXTENDED Techniques Teleconference 17 November 2004

> There is no way to tell if a window has been successfully opened and
> the content available to the user, hence there are no scenarios in
> which it is possible to stop the navigation - since there's no need
> to, as the original script works, we don't have a problem.

But we do have a problem; the target attribute is not legal in HTML 4.01
Strict, and XHTML 1.0 Strict. Take the target attribute out, and you need to
add this.href (as James suggested). Without the event handler returning
false, the window will open in the current window as well as the new window,
so this technique is only suitable for people using a frameset DOCTYPE, or a
transitional DOCTYPE.

Best regards,

Gez
Supplement your vitamins